Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel # 5ME0 - 1 kg
* Product enlarged to show detail.
A nutritionally complete gel diet designed for amphibians and carnivorous reptiles. It is shipped as a powder made from fish, poultry, blood, egg, spirulina algae, vitamins and minerals. It is designed to be made into a gel prior to feeding.
Features and Benefits
- Nutritionally complete - No vitamin and mineral supplementation needed.
- Contains natural vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C.
- Contains fish oil - Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Soft-Moist gel - Highly palatable.
Product Form: Dry powder mixes into high moisture gel
Product Size: Available by the kg.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
- Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel is designed to be an essential part of a total feeding system. It may be fed free choice as the primary diet or may be supplemented with insects or other prey items. Remove uneaten feed daily.
- Consumption will vary based on species, lifestage and environmental temperature. In general, growing or reproducing animals and those in warmer environments will consume more than older animals and those in cooler environment.
- When using other dietary ingredients, care must be taken to ensure total daily nutrient recommendations are achieved (eg. proper gut loading or supplementing of items has been carried out).
- Feed intake will vary based on animal body size and lifestage, level of activity and environmental temperature.
- Prepared Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel can be fed at a range from 0.5% to 4.0% of body weight per day to provide optimal nutrition. Never feed dry powder without first combining with water.
Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water.
- Mix, by weight, 65% boiling water to 35% Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel. Adjust mixture to meet desired texture and need.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel has a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. The mixed product should be stored under refrigeration for no longer than 7 days or frozen for up to 1 month. It is recommended that frozen batches be individually sealed in amount of no more than 1 month’s usage as repeated entry into the container exposes gel to oxygen. Once this product is mixed with water to form a gel, it should be handled like raw fish.
Fish meal (menhaden), salmon meal, low ash poultry meat meal, fish oil (menhaden), gelatin, flash dried blood meal, spirulina algae, Betaine (a chemo attractant for fish), dried egg product, xanthan gum, choline bitartrate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, inositol, niacin, zinc oxide, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source vitamin E), manganous oxide, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), calcium carbonate, ferrous carbonate, ethoxyquin (a preservative) calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, canthaxanthin, copper sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, pyridoxine ydrochloride, beta-carotene, zinc sulfate, marigold extract, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium iodate, biotin, cobalt carbonate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.