Nestling HandFeeding Formula # 5S90 - 1 kg
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Product Form: Meal
Product Size: Available by the kg
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
- Prepare Mazuri® Hand Feeding Formula is designed for feeding chicks.
- Never feed dry powder without first combining with water. Use good sanitation practices and good quality water.
- To ensure complete hydration of the product, mix with cold water then add hot water to reach feeding temperatures: 100º to 106º F.
Water:formula ratio may vary due to species. Measuring of powder by weight is recommended; see below for average weight. Suggested mixing ratios should be modified to fit the nutritional and hydration needs of the birds you are feeding, and to ensure that the product will flow through the syringe you are using.
- Under- and over-heating can cause impaired gastric motility and crop burns, respectively.
Mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk until fully mixed.
Store refrigerated until feeding time. Allow portion to be fed to reach room temperature prior to feeding; reheating is not advised. Use within 6 hours of mixing.
Do not overfeed. Feed until crop is full (not overdistended) using the appropriate hand-feeding syringe.
- 80% water:20% formula (by weight) to 60% water:40% formula (by weight).
- Do not dilute the formula excessively as this will reduce calories fed to the chick and will impair growth and development.
As soon as chicks are able, begin introducing species-appropriate whole food items (e.g. insects, seeds) to bird intended for release. Provide chicks with any other food items to be consumed, such as high quality extruded diet (e.g., Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder or Mazuri® Insectivore Diet) plus 10-20% (by weight) species-appropriate whole food items.
- Most chicks will consume 10% or more of their body weight per feeding, but daily monitoring of weights is the most accurate way to ensure proper growth and feeding rates.
- Some species (house finches, sparrows, grackles) will continue to gape and bed when crops are full. For more information see Hand-Rearing Birds by Gage and Duerr, 2007 - John Wiley & Sons.
For best results, after removal of required amount store in original container with lid. Store in a cool 75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of manufacturing date.
Soy protein concentrate, dried egg product, chicken preserved with BHA, propyl gallate and citric acid, menhaden meal, corn starch, soybean oil, dl-methionine, brewers dried yeast, microcrystalline cellulose, lecithin, tagetes (aztec marigold) extract (color), wheat flour, xanthan gum, calcium carbonate, choline chloride, taurine, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, rosemary extract, dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product, citric acid (a preservative), dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), rosemary extract, manganese sulfate, citric acid (a preservative), zinc sulfate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), nicotinic acid, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), folic acid, vitamin A acetate, potassium iodate, biotin, beta carotene, sodium selenite, cholecalciferol (form of vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement.
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
to send us an e-mail.