Nestling HandFeeding Formula # 5S90 - 1 kg
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri® Nestling Handfeeding Formula is a complete diet designed to promote optimal growth and development for nestling songbirds.
Product Form: Meal
Product Size: Available by the kg
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
- Prepare Mazuri® Hand Feeding Formula is designed for feeding chicks.
- Never feed dry powder without first combining with water. Use good sanitation practices and good quality water.
- To ensure complete hydration of the product, mix with cold water then add hot water to reach feeding temperatures: 100º to 106º F.
Water:formula ratio may vary due to species. Measuring of powder by weight is recommended; see below for average weight. Suggested mixing ratios should be modified to fit the nutritional and hydration needs of the birds you are feeding, and to ensure that the product will flow through the syringe you are using.
- Under- and over-heating can cause impaired gastric motility and crop burns, respectively.
Mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk until fully mixed.
- 80% water:20% formula (by weight) to 60% water:40% formula (by weight).
- Do not dilute the formula excessively as this will reduce calories fed to the chick and will impair growth and development.
Refrigerate until feeding time, within 6 hours of mixing. Reheating is not advised.
Do not overfeed. Feed until crop is full (not overdistended) using the appropriate hand-feeding syringe.
- The product will turn pink upon mixing, which is normal and provides important pigments to the birds and ensures that mixing is adequate. Some pigments may not be fully absorbed, and pink feces may be observed.
As soon as chicks are able, begin introducing species-appropriate whole food items (e.g. insects, seeds) to bird intended for release. Several weeks before weaning, provide chicks with any other food items to be consumed, such as high quality extruded diet (e.g., Mazuri Parrot Breeder® or Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder), plus 10-20% (by weight) produce.
- Most chicks will consume 10% or more of their body weight per feeding, but daily monitoring of weights is the most accurate way to ensure proper growth and feeding rates.
- Some species (house finches, sparrows, grackles) will continue to gape and bed when crops are full. For more information see Hand-Rearing Birds by Gage and Duerr, 2007 - John Wiley & Sons.
For best results, after removal of required amount store in original container with lid. Store in a cool 75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of manufacturing date.
Hydrolyzed soy protein concentrate, dried whole egg, spray dried cooked chicken, fish meal (menhaden), cornstarch, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, dl-methionine, microcrystalline cellulose, calcium carbonate, lecithin, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), wheat flour, xanthan gum, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), Primalac (Lactobacillus cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifido bacterium bifidium, Enterococcus faecium), taurine, choline chloride, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), niacin, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), folic acid, potassium iodate, vitamin A acetate, biotin, beta-carotene, sodium selenite, vitamin B12 supplement, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
to send us an e-mail.