Insectivore Diet # 5MK8 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri Insectivore Diet is designed to simulate the high protein, high fiber diet of insectivorous animals. It has been tested in a wide range of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians as a replacement for all or some of the insect component of the diet.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to be complete and balanced for insectivores - No supplementation necessary.
- Highly fortified - May be fed with fruits, greens, etc.
- Contains fish oil - Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains lecithin – Rich source of phospholipids.
- Contains high fiber - Helps simulate the chitin component of the insectivore’s diet.
- Contains pigments - For healthy feather pigmentation.
- Contains taurine - At levels that meet recommendations for carnivores.
- Highly palatable.
Product Form: Extruded size: 1/8” round particle.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Ash not more than
Moisture not more than
- Feed to insectivores at a rate of at least 50% of their daily dry matter intake.
- Initially, soaking Insectivore diet in water (2 parts water:1 part dry diet) may help to transition animals that are used to soft/moist diets.
- After 1-2 weeks on soaked diet, move to 1 part water:1 part dry diet, and 1-2 weeks later, offer dry diet.
- If feeding live insects, ensure insects are gut loaded prior to feeding out.
This diet may contain excessive iron for species that are susceptible to iron storage diesease like hornbills.Storage Conditions
For best results, ensure bag is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the "Best if used by" date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Poultry by-product meal, ground soybean hulls, ground wheat, low ash poultry by product, dried beet pulp, rice flour, soybean meal, dried egg product, ground aspen, porcine animal fat (preserved with BHA), poultry fat (preserved with ethoxyquin), poultry digest (flavor), dried apple pomace, powdered cellulose, wheat germ, fish meal (menhaden), dried whey, shrimp meal, soy oil, lecithin, brewers yeast, fish oil, phosphoric acid, salt, dl-methionine, taurine, choline chloride, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative), ascorbic acid, citric acid, rosemary extract, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), marigold extract, inositol, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), vitamin A acetate, vitamin B12 supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), calcium pantothenate, niacin, manganous oxide, thiamin mononitrate, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, canthaxanthin, zinc sulfate, folic acid, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate biotin, sodium selenite.
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals. CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.