Leaf-Eater Primate Diet - Biscuit # 5M02 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri Leaf-Eater Primate Diet is a complete life-cycle diet specially formulated to meet the needs of leaf-eating primates such as langurs and howlers, which are thought to require a high fiber-diet.
This diet can also be fed to other species of primates such as gorillas and orangutans when a high-fiber diet is desired.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to be fed with supplementation - Allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for most nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- High Fiber - Contains multiple sources of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- No added sucrose or fructose - Helps maintain dental health and may be appropriate for diabetic and pre-diabetic animals.
- No added wheat product - May be appropriate for animals with wheat sensitivity.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C - More bioavailable and stable forms, respectively.
- Contains flaxseed - Source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Product Form: Extruded Biscuit: 1” diameter x 2 1/4” length
25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
- Mazuri® Leaf-Eater Primate Diet is designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume about 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e., a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® Leaf-Eater Primate Diets can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on as “as fed” basis is would consist of 60% produce/browse and 40% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 6 lb. of produce/browse plus 4 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- Adjust daily feed intake based on the health status, body condition and nutrient level desired to meet the needs of your primates.
- Diet may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate Diets contain a stabilized form of vitamin C that is stable under appropriate storage conditions for at least 1 year from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool 75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Product Sheet: 5M02-5672
Dehulled soybean meal, ground soybean hulls, ground corn, corn gluten meal, dried beet pulp, ground oats, dried apple pomace, soybean oil, dehydrated alfalfa meal, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, flaxseed, brewers dried yeast, salt, dl-methionine, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), choline chloride, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), ferrous sulfate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, niacin, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), zinc sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, vitamin A acetate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite, biotin, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Product Sheet: 5M02-5672
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
to send us an e-mail.