Hi-Energy Hand Feeding Diets # 5D1W - 20 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri Hi-Energy Hand Feeding Formula is a complete diet designed to promote optimal growth and development for granivorous avian species with higher energy requirements including macaws, eclectus and african psittacine species.
Features and Benefits
Designed to promote hydration in young birds.
Ideal levels of natural pigments and vitamins.
Natural preservatives, and no artificial flavors or colors.
Contains probiotic organisms – Help initiate gastrointestinal microflora development.
Easy to mix – Mixing accuracy can be easily observed.
Iron controlled formula – Ideal for iron-sensitive species.
Product Form: Meal, dry powder mixes into high moisture gel
Product Size: 20 lb Bucket
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Product Sheet: 5D1W
- Prepared Mazuri® Hand Feeding Diet is designed for feeding chicks.
- Use good sanitation practices and good quality water.
- Never feed dry powder without first combining with water.
- To ensure complete hydration of the product, mix with cool or room temperature water then add hot water to reach feeding temperatures of 100° to 106° F.
Water:formula ratio nay vary due to species. Measuring by weight is recommended. Suggested mixing ratios include:
- Under- and over-heating can cause impaired gastric motility and crop burns, respectively.
Mix thoroughly with a fork or whisk.
- In the first weeks post-hatch, 90% water:10% formula (by weight).
- As the bird grows, 70% water:30% formula (by weight).
Use within 6 hours of mixing. Reheating is not advised.
Feed until the crop is full using the appropriate hand-feeding syringe. Do not overfeed.
- The product will turn pink upon mixing, which is normal and provides important pigments to the birds and ensures that mixing is adequate. Some pigments may not be fully absorbed, and pink fees may be observed.
Several weeks before weaning, provide chicks with the food items that it will be consuming, such as high quality extruded diet (e.g., Mazuri® Parrot Breeder Diet 56A9 or Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet 56A7), plus 10-20% (by weight) fruits, veggies and other food items.
- Most chicks will consume 10% of more of their body weight per feeding, but daily monitoring of weights is the most accurate way to ensure proper growth and feeding rates.
Wheat flour, soybean flour, corn starch, soybean oil, soy protein concentrate, sucrose, dried egg product, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, marigold extract, lecithin, sodium chloride, dl-methionine, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative), ascorbic acid, citric acid, rosemary extract, Primalac (Lactobacillus cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifido bacterium bifidium, Enterococcus faecium, rice mill, calcium carbonate), dried yucca shidigera extract, choline chloride, spirulina algae, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), manganese sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate (source of vitamin E), niacin, canthaxanthin, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, potassium iodate, vitamin A acetate, biotin, beta-carotene, sodium selenite, vitamin B12 supplement. cholecalciferol (vitamin D3),
Product Sheet: 5D1W
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals. CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.