Mini Pig Elder # 5Z92 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri Mini Pig Elder Diet is a low-energy, high-fiber diet that was specially formulated to meet the needs of exotic miniature pigs, such as the Vietnamese potbellied pig.
Mazuri® Mini Pig Elder is a low-energy, high-fiber diet that was specially formulated to meet the needs of exotic miniature pigs, such as the Vietnamese potbellied pig. This formulation is designed to restrain growth rate while helping to satisfy hunger. This ration can be used as a maintenance diet for adult animals that are not reproducing or lactating.
Features & Benefits
- Low-energy, high-fiber ratio - To support the health of less active mature animals.
- Complete nutrition - Supplemental vitamins and minerals not required.
- Amino acid balanced - Provides the amino acids needed in elder stage.
- Pellet form - Easy to feed; minimizes waste.
- Zinc methionine and natural vitamin E - Provides for better skin condition.
- No meat products.
- Urine acidifier and Yucca extract added - To address urinary calculi and ammonia in urine.
- Added flaxseed - To support skin and immune system health.
Product Form: Mini-Cube size: 5/32" diameter x 1/2" length
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack
|Crude protein not less than
Lysine not less than
Crude fat not less than
Omega 3-Fatty acids
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Calcium not less than
Calcium not more than
Phosphorus not less than
Salt not less than
Salt not more than
Selenium not less than
Zinc not less than
*This includes not more than 0.5% equivalent crude protein which is not nutritionally available to pot bellied or mini-pigs.
- Feed Mazuri® Mini Pig Elder to pigs previously fed Mazuri® Mini Pig Active Adult 5Z91 or to less active senior or overweight mini pigs. mix this product with equal amounts of prior product for at least 3-5 days to help adjust animals to new feed.
- The level of feed intake depends on many factors some of which include: environmental temperature, other foods available, level of activity, social hierarchy.
- For maintenance of adult animals (1 1/2 years of age or older), regulate feed to a level which maintains body weight (BW) without putting on excess fat. A level of 1-2% current BW works well for many owners. Active animals may require more feed. Measuring of food by weight is recommended; however the average weight of a level 1/2 cup of product = 85g (0.187 lb.). A level 1 cup measure weighs 172g (0.38 lb.).
- When using a self-feeder, make sure it is adjusted for minimize feed wastage. Feeders should be managed to provide adequate feeding space and to prevent moisture condensation, mold and insect development.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh clean water.
Feeding rates available on the product sheet.Storage Conditions
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, ground oats, wheat middlings, dehydrated alfalfa meal, ground soybean hulls, flaxseed, dicalcium phosphate, cane molasses, calcium lignin sulfonate (pellet binder), calcium carbonate, dried beet pulp, l-lysine, ammonium chloride, salt, choline chloride, zinc methionine complex, dried yucca shidigera extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, calcium pantothenate, d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), ferrous sulfate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, l-tryptophan, niacin, thiamin mononitrate, artificial flavors, citric acid, monosodium glutamate (flavor enhancer), dl-methionine, manganese sulfate, manganous oxide, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative), copper sulfate, BHT (a preservative), propylene glycol, ascorbic acid, rosemary extract, zinc sulfate, lecithin, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, copper chloride, sodium selenite.
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals. CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.