New World Primate Biscuit # 5MA5 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri® New World Primate is a highly nutritious, palatable concentrate that is specially formulated for the small species of New World monkeys in all life stages.
Features & Benefits
Product Form: Biscuit size: 1/4" x 1/4" x 1" length.
- Designed to be fed with supplementation - Allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for all nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- No added sucrose - May maintain dental health.
- Contains DentaGuard - May reduce the occurrence of dental calculi.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C - More bioavailable forms of these nutrients.
- Contains taurine.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Ash not more than
Moisture not more than
- Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit is designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all of the Mazuri primate products.
- Primates generally consume 2% to 4% of their body weight in food per day on a dry matter basis (i.e. a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on an "as fed" basis would consist of 70% produce/browse and 30% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 7 lb. of produce/browse plus 3 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- When given too much food, primates are prone to wasting/sorting food, and/or becoming overweight. Adjust feed intake to maintain primates in an ideal body condition.
- Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit contains a form of vitamin C that is stable for at least 365 days from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag under appropriate storage conditions.
Average Feed Weights available on the product sheet.Storage Conditions
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Oil, Ground Wheat, Wheat Germ Dried Egg Product, Fructose, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Whey, Dried Beet Pulp, Calcium Carbonate, Acid Casein, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Bran, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, Folic Acid, Taurine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Salt, Vitamin D3 Supplement, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Iron Polysaccharide Complex, Sodium Selenite, Natural Vitamin E, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Zinc Proteinate, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (a Preservative) Citric Acid, Manganese Proteinate, Ascorbic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Ground Rice Hulls, Lecithin, Copper Proteinate, Propylene Glycol, Cobalt Proteinate, Natural Flavors, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, BHA (a Preservative).
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals. CLICK HERE
to send us an e-mail.