New World Primate Biscuit # 5MA5 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri® New World Primate is a highly nutritious, palatable concentrate that is specially formulated for the small species of New World monkeys in all life stages.
Features & Benefits
Product Form: Biscuit size: 1/4" diameter x 1" length.
- Designed to be fed with supplementation - Allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for all nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- No added sucrose - May maintain dental health.
- Contains DentaGuard - May reduce the occurrence of dental calculi.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C - More bioavailable forms of these nutrients.
- Contains taurine.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
- Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit is designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume about 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e., a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® New World Primate Biscuit can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on as “as fed” basis is would consist of 60% produce/browse and 40% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 6 lb. of produce/browse plus 4 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- Adjust daily feed intake based on the health status, body condition and nutrient level desired to meet the needs of your primates.
- Diet may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate Diets contain a stabilized form of vitamin C that is stable under appropriate storage conditions for at least 1 year from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Dehulled soybean meal, ground corn, wheat middlings, ground wheat, dried egg product, fructose, soybean oil, dried whey, wheat germ, dried beet pulp, calcium carbonate, corn gluten meal, casein, brewers dried yeast, wheat bran, dehydrated alfalfa meal, sodium hexametaphosphate (DentaGuard), natural orange flavor, taurine, salt, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), dl-methionine, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, choline chloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), copper proteinate, niacin, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, folic acid, plant protein products, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), vitamin A acetate, cobalt proteinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, sodium selenite, biotin, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
to send us an e-mail.