Parrot Maintenance # 56A8 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Features & Benefits
- Specially formulated with balanced nutrition - Use as the primary diet for non-breeding birds.
- Nutritionally Complete - Requires no mixing or supplementation.
- Extruded form - Prevents sorting of ingredients and helps reduce the risk of nutrient deficiences.
- Better than pellets - Less fines and increased digestibility.
- Better than seeds - Less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulls).
- Reduced diet preparation - Less time chopping fruit and veggies.
- Formulation allows for supplementation with species appropriate food items - Can include up to 20% (by weight) of diet as produce, seeds, etc. to encourage natural feeding behaviors and for training and enrichment.
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Natural sources of pigments, and antioxidants
Extruded feed: 3 particle sizes
Multi-sized Extruded Form:
Varying particles provide enrichment. Extruded form prevents sorting of
ingredients and helps reduce the risk of nutrient deficiencies.
25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Ash not more than
Moisture not more than
Product Sheet: 56A8
- This diet should be fed to non-breeding birds. Feed this diet to young birds after they have their first molt and until they reach breeding age. This diet should also be fed to birds which are not kept for breeding purposes. Any time a bird is not breeding or raising young for periods of over one month, they should be fed Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet.
- To switch birds from seeds (or any diet they are currently being fed) to Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet, do a gradual changeover, starting with 90% seed (of current diet) and 10% Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Mazuri Parrot Maintenance Diet by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be specially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
Average Feed Weights available on the product sheet.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Polybag diets are packaged in sealed containers under nitrogen to ensure optimal freshness. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, wheat middlings, dehulled soybean meal, corn gluten meal, soybean oil, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, wheat germ, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate (a preservative), dried egg product, dl-methionine, salt, l-lysine, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), choline chloride, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), manganous oxide, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), zinc oxide, calcium iodate, niacin, cobalt carbonate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, copper sulfate, riboflavin, canthaxanthin (color), beta-carotene, thiamin mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, zinc sulfate, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, biotin, sodium selenite, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement.
Product Sheet: 56A8
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.