Primate High Fiber Sticks # 5MA3 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Features & Benefits
Product Form: Extruded stick: 1/4” diameter x 1 1/2” length.
- Designed to be fed with supplementation - Allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for all nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- High fiber - Contains multiple sources of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- No added sucrose or fructose - Helps maintain dental health and may be more appropriate for diabetic and pre-diabetic animals.
- Contains DentaGuard - May reduce the occurrence of dental calculi.
- No added wheat product - May be appropriate for animals with wheat sensitivity.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C - More bioavailable forms of these nutrients.
- Contains flaxseed and beta-carotene.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
- Mazuri® Primate High Fiber Sticks are designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume about 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e., a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® Primate High Fiber Sticks can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on as “as fed” basis is would consist of 60% produce/browse and 40% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 6 lb. of produce/browse plus 4 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- Adjust daily feed intake based on the health status, body condition and nutrient level desired to meet the needs of your primates.
- Diet may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate Diets contain a stabilized form of vitamin C that is stable under appropriate storage conditions for at least 1 year from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag.
Average Feed Weights available on the product sheet.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, ground soybean hulls, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, corn gluten feed, corn gluten meal, dried beet pulp, dried apple pomace, soybean oil, ground aspen, calcium carbonate, dehydrated alfalfa meal, sodium hexametaphosphate (DentaGuard), flaxseed, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium phosphate, natural orange flavor, salt, l-lysine, taurine, choline chloride, dl-methionine, zinc proteinate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), manganese proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), iron proteinate, copper proteinate, niacin, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, beta-carotene, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), vitamin A acetate, cobalt proteinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, sodium selenite, biotin, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.