Primate L/S Biscuit Banana # 5M1G - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
Mazuri Primate L/S diets are designed to be reduced starch, high fiber diets that are highly fortified to meet the needs of a variety of primates in captivity. The banana flavor has been tested for palatability in a wide range of primates.
Features and Benefits
- Less than 8% starch – More similar to composition of wild food items.
- Designed to be fed with supplementation - Allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for all nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- High fiber - Contains multiple sources of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Contains lactobacillus cultures - May promote GI tract health.
- Fortified with additional B vitamins - May benefit geriatric primates.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C – More bioavailable forms of these nutrients.
- Contains flaxseed - Source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains beta-carontene and taurine.
Product Form: Extruded biscuit size: 3/8” x 1 ½”
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Ash not more than
Moisture not more than
- Mazuri® Primate L/S sticks are designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e., a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® Primate L/S Sticks can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on an "as fed" basis would consist of 70% produce/browse and 30% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 7 lb. of produce/browse plus 3 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- When given too much food, primates are prone to wasting/sorting food, and/or becoming overweight. Adjust feed intake to maintain primates in an ideal body condition.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate L/S Sticks contain a form of vitamin C that is stable for at least 365 days from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag under appropriate storage conditions.
- Larger, cinnamon-flavored biscuits are also available (5M1S).
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground soybean hulls, dehulled soybean meal, gluten meal, dried beet pulp, ground aspen, dried apple pomace, soy protein concentrate, cane molasses, ground oat hulls, carrageenan, flaxseed, rice flour, soybean oil, wheat germ, dicalcium phosphate, fructose, banana flavoring, dried egg product, brewers dried yeast, l-lysine, calcium carbonate, Primilac (Lactobacillus cultures; Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Streptococcus faecium, Aspergillus oryzae), taurine, salt, choline chloride, dl-methionine, zinc proteinate, powdered cellulose, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), calcium pantothanate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), manganese proteinate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), torula dried yeast, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative), ascorbic acid, citric acid, rosemary extract, lecithin, vitamin A acetate, beta-carotene, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), niacin, copper proteinate, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, plant protein products, cobalt proteinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, sodium selenite, biotin, copper sulfate.
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals. CLICK HERE
to send us an e-mail.