Primate Maintenance Biscuit # 5MA2 - 25 lb
* Product enlarged to show detail.
1Z 63X 331 03 6580 8942
Features and Benefits
Product Form: Extruded biscuit size: 1" x 1 1/4" length.
- Designed to be fed with supplementation -llows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for all nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- Contains DentaGuard - May reduce the occurrence of dental calculi.
- No added wheat product - May be appropriate for animals with wheat sensitivity.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C - More bioavailable forms of these nutrients.
- Contains flaxseed - Source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains taurine.
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
- Mazuri® Primate Maintenance Biscuit is designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e. a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® Primate Maintenance Biscuit can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on as “as fed” basis is would consist of 60% produce/browse and 40% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 6 lb. of produce/browse plus 4 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- Adjust daily feed intake based on the health status, body condition and nutrient level desired to meet the needs of your primates.
- Diet may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate Diets contain a stabilized form of vitamin C that is stable under appropriate storage conditions for at least 1 year from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag.
Average Feed Weights available on the product sheet.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, ground soybean hulls, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, corn gluten meal, corn gluten feed, sucrose, fructose, calcium carbonate, dried beet pulp, dehydrated alfalfa meal, soybean oil, flaxseed, sodium hexametaphosphate (DentaGuard), dried apple pomace, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium phosphate, natural orange oil, taurine, salt, choline chloride, dl-methionine, zinc proteinate, l-lysine, manganese proteinate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), iron proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), copper proteinate, niacin, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, potassium chloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), vitamin A acetate, cobalt proteinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, sodium selenite, biotin, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Your MAZURI Exotic Animal Feed representatives are technical experts who are passionate about the health and well-being of your animals.
CLICK HERE to send us an e-mail.