- Feed free-choice to rodents. Feed consumption will be based on size of rodent species and life stage. Use the following examples as guidelines, per animal:
- Rats: Adult rats generally consume 16-25 grams of feed per day (approx. 4 to 6 pellets)
- Mice: Adult mice generally consume 4-5 grams of feed per day (approx. 1 to 2 pellets)
- Pregnant, Lactating and Juvenile Mice and Rats: Feed free choice.
- Supplemental food items (grasses, vegetables, fruits and seeds) may be provided, but should not make up more than 20% of the diet. Diets containing higher amounts of fruits, seeds and other high calorie treats may predispose animals to obesity and other nutritional health disorders.
- Always provide plenty of fresh clean water. Thoroughly wash feeding and watering bowls on a regular basis. It is always good practice to wash hands thoroughly after feeding and/or handling pets. This diet is not for human consumption.
- For breeding animals, we suggest Mazuri® Rodent 6F.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Diets are packaged in sealed containers under nitrogen to ensure optimal freshness. Store in a cool (75o F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Ground Wheat, Soybean Oil, Cane Molasses, Ground Oats, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Germ, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Calcium Propionate (a Preservative), Dicalcium Phosphate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Dried Yucca Schidigera Extract, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate.