- Feed to crickets or other feeder insects free-choice for 24-72 hours. No additional supplementation is needed.
- When this diet is consumed, the total body calcium of feeder insects is increased, resulting in a higher level of calcium being delivered to reptiles and other animals that eat them.
- Fresh water should be available to insects at all times.
- Odum, R.A., Bekker, K., Turski, P., Chastain, J., Paramuk, J., Pessier, A.P., Berlinski, R., Hanley, C., Hornyak, V., Herman, T., Mendelson, J.R. - Hypovitaminosis A: Are captive-bred insect prey deficient in usable vitamin A for Anaxyrus (Anura-Bufonidae)
- Gut loading diets of produce or fortified with fish oil and spirulina, as in Mazuri® Better Bug® Gut Loading Diet, fed to crickets produced significantly higher levels of vitamin A in the livers of the studied toads, while the control animals fed crickets gut-loaded with the commonly used high calcium diet had minimal, and in some case undetectable, levels of vitamin A.
- The cricket colonies maintained on the Produce diet had a tendency to become infested with fruit flies and required additional cleaning and maintenance.
For best results, after removal of desired dosage ensure polybag seal is fully closed, tightly affix lid on canister or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of printed lot code.
Calcium carbonate, fish meal (menhaden), ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, fish oil preserved with tocopherols, spirulina algae meal (color), chicken meal, corn gluten meal, porcine meat and bone meal, salt, brewers dried yeast, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, choline chloride, magnesium oxide, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), rosemary extract, calcium pantothenate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), citric acid, folic acid, riboflavin supplement, vitamin a acetate, thiamine mononitrate, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, zinc oxide, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), cholecalciferol (form of vitamin D3), dl-methionine, manganous oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, sodium selenite.