- Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel is designed to be an essential part of a total feeding system. It may be fed free choice as the primary diet or may be supplemented with insects or other prey items. Remove uneaten feed daily.
- Consumption will vary based on species, lifestage and environmental temperature. In general, growing or reproducing animals and those in warmer environments will consume more than older animals and those in cooler environment.
- When using other dietary ingredients, care must be taken to ensure total daily nutrient recommendations are achieved (eg. proper gut loading or supplementing of items has been carried out).
- Feed intake will vary based on animal body size and lifestage, level of activity and environmental temperature.
- Prepared Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel can be fed at a range from 0.5% to 4.0% of body weight per day to provide optimal nutrition. Never feed dry powder without first combining with water.
- Mix, by weight, 65% boiling (>180°F) water to 35% Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel. Adjust mixture to meet desired texture and need.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water.
Mazuri® Amphibian & Carnivorous Reptile Gel has a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. The mixed product should be stored under refrigeration for no longer than 7 days or frozen for up to 1 month. It is recommended that frozen batches be individually sealed in amount of no more than 1 month’s usage as repeated entry into the container exposes gel to oxygen. Once this product is mixed with water to form a gel, it should be handled like raw fish.
Fish meal (menhaden), salmon meal, chicken meal, fish oil (menhaden), gelatin, spirulina algae meal (color), anhydrous Betaine (a chemo attractant for fish), dried egg product, xanthan gum, choline bitartrate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), inositol, nicotinic acid, calcium pantothenate, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), zinc oxide, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), canthaxanthin (color), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), thiamine mononitrate, rosemary extract, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, citric acid (a preservative), beta carotene, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, manganous oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, calcium carbonate, biotin, cobalt carbonate, cholecalciferol (form of vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement.