- Mazuri® Enrichment Gel is not a complete diet for primates and should not be used at >10% of the diet (as fed).
- Mixing Directions:
- Mix, by weight, 50% boiling (or at minimum 180°F) water to 50% Mazuri® Enrichment Gel - Berry.
- If this is used as a carrier for medication, water as cool as 100°F can be used by increasing the mixing time to 3 minutes (a weaker gel will be produced, which may be desirable depending on the medication).
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for at least one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
Mazuri® Gel Diets have a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, tightly affix lid on canister after removal of desired dosage or store contents of open bags in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. The mixed product should be stored under refrigeration for no longer than 7 days or frozen for up to 1 month. It is recommended that frozen batches be individually sealed in amount of usage, as repeated entry into the container exposes gel to oxygen.
Glucose, casein, gelatin, maltodextrin, corn oil, calcium carbonate, citric acid, berry flavor, monopotassium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, xanthan gum, flaxseed oil, magnesium sulfate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, l-tryptophan, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), ferrous sulfate, red No. 40 aluminum lake (artificial color), zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), calcium pantothenate, rosemary extract, nicotinic acid, copper sulfate, citric acid (a preservative), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, cholecalciferol (form of vitamin D3).