- Mazuri® ZuLiFe® Bird Gel Diet is designed for iron sensitive avian species.
- Provide gel product as at least 75% of the birds dry matter intake. If desired, it may be fed in conjunction with Mazuri® ZuLiFe® Soft-Bill Diet for Iron Sensitive Birds.
- Other food items offered may include fruit (e.g. papaya, apples, pears, grapes, etc.), vegetables and greens. Avoid feeding bananas because they are high in calories and dry matter content. Avoid food items which may contain high levels of iron (e.g. meat, dog food), and limit citrus fruit (oranges, grapefruit) because they may enhance the uptake of iron.
- Provide fresh food items and a clean source of water daily.
- Feed intake will vary based on age, body size and reproductive status.
- Never feed dry powder without first combining with water.
- Mix, by weight, 80% boiling (or at minimum 180°F) water to 20% Mazuri® ZuLiFe® Bird Gel Diet. Adjust mixture to meet desired texture and need.
- Do not microwave mixed product.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for one minute, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized/shaped for the animals being fed.
This product is designed to have a low concentration of dietary iron. No readily available iron source is added as an ingredient to this diet. This product is not intended to be a sole diet for growing birds or birds which are not iron sensitive. Prolonged use of this product could result in an iron deficiency.Storage Conditions
Mazuri® Gel Diets have a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, tightly affix lid on canister after removal of desired dosage or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Mixed product may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Wheat flour, gelatin, wheat germ, corn gluten meal, soybean oil, dicalcium phosphate, isolated soy protein, sucrose, brewers dried yeast, locust bean gum, casein, corn oil, carrageenan, calcium carbonate, dried egg product, lecithin, powdered cellulose, safflower oil, potassium chloride, calcium propionate (a preservative), salt, choline chloride, manganese proteinate, zinc amino acid complex, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), nicotinic acid, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), calcium pantothenate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), basic copper chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, cobalt carbonate, potassium iodate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement.